We took our one week(!) old baby to her first pediatrician visit. She's doing great!! Here's the stats:
Birth weight: 7 lbs, 5 oz
Discharge weight: 6 lbs, 11 oz
One week weight: 7 lbs, 3 oz
Birth length: 20 inches
One week length: 20.5 inches
Apparently, she's eating well! The doctor said most babies don't start gaining weight again until 11 days or so. She's ahead of schedule and right on target to turn into a chunk if she keeps it up. Not bad, considering she is only waking up for 3 feedings at night and last night slept for a 4.5 hour stretch.
I was expecting her to wake up around 8 am for a feeding, then I was going to get myself up and ready for a visit with my friend. But, when she started to cry, I was SO surprised to see it was after 9 am and I had less than an hour! Eek! But, luckily, Ellen was running late and we somehow got ourselves together.
Loran is out running some errands and getting dinner. I have Ella in her sling and she's sleeping away. She sounds like she's growling when she breaths. It's cute. Josh came to visit her today and tomorrow she gets to meet the rest of her family as we celebrate the Straight family Christmas at my grandparent's house.
Even though I get pretty burned out by the end of the night, I love being a mom. Every morning I wake up refreshed and ready for a new day. She does so many cute things for being a newborn, I could just stare at her all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment