Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Adventuring with Ella

Ella is awake a lot lately. She is probably going through her two-week growth spurt (three or four days early - that's my advanced little girl!) -- but I have felt better and gotten up earlier on some other New Year's Days. Today, we were finally up and out of bed at 11am.

When contemplating bringing a 9-week old to New Zealand (the State Department passport turnaround times combined with the fact that she won't have a certified copy of her birth certificate for a few more weeks shot that down,) I bought the book Adventuring with Children which is an exceptionally inspirational (if a bit dated at 13 years old) book on traveling with small children, and the semi-homeschooling-style benefits of travel as a family.

This has led me into one of my famous 24-hour kicks where I really focus in on something. I was planning to camp out tonight in the backyard, but I think I've now thought better of it. It will be -5 degrees tonight.

No comments: