Ella is now a one year old! I even woke up around 2:30 am on the 20th and smiled. I was very happy to be in my warm bed, sleeping.
The state of the party was in limbo until Friday afternoon. Ella's been sick, sick, sick all week. Any time she was awake, she was crying. It made for a very sad Ella and a very defeated Mommy. By Friday afternoon, I was on the phone crying to my mom over the frustration and worry from sick Ella. Ella woke up from her afternoon nap in a pretty good mood. Just like that, we'd broken through the worst of it and Ella was on the mend. The party could go on.
Saturday we were up and going, getting the party ready. Ella was in a good mood and ready to party! The snow didn't slow down the guests who all arrived in good spirits. Ella did a great job throughout the party being passed around and was in a great mood - which was fantastic after the week we'd had.
She wasn't so sure about the cake. She poked at it, and tried a little frosting, but as predicted, didn't really plow in. She was ready to wipe her little frosting fingers on anyone who would venture near. Nana found that out the hard way.
After the cake, Ella was escorted to the tub - where sprinkles remained in the tub this morning and pink frosting was found in random places throughout the bathroom - and it was nap time for Ella as the party wound down.
All in all, it was a great day full of family and friends! I can't believe Ella is one! More pictures later, but I didn't actually take many because of the party - so I'm relying on guests to get them to me. The scrapbooker in me is DYING!
No comments:
Post a Comment