Daddy surprised us by making homemade sugar cookies and decorating them. He'd made them earlier in the week when I was out with a friend. When I came home around 10:30, I could smell the freshly baked smell of something good...with no evidence of anything to eat. I asked Loran what he made - he answered "Love". Tip: after your wife has been gone all night, you shouldn't say you've been "making love" while she was gone - it gets lost in translation! But, the surprise was revealed on Valentine's Day with yummy, frosted and sprinkled cookies!
We went to the Como Zoo to see the animals and the flowers in the Conservatory. There were twin baby tamarins that were born on Feb. 9th - they were so tiny and cute, gripping on their mother's back. Ella had a great time riding on Daddy's back, seeing all of the active animals. We also learned not to head right into the rain forest area when you've just come in from the cold. Loran and my glasses fogged up so bad, we couldn't see anything. So, we left and saved that encounter for last!
No comments:
Post a Comment