Friday, May 22, 2009

Italiana

Greetings from Italy where Ella still manages to be cute in another language, despite some jet-lag! Our series of flights went well. I was thinking we were in the clear to any major melt-downs when as I slept on the flight to Rome, I kept smelling something a little off. I awoke to find that, in her sleep, Ella had thrown up. We're not talking a little spit-up here, we're talking full-blown - here's everything I've had to eat in the last day throw up. So, we had to wake the sleeping baby, hose her down, hose down the car seat, stow the gross clothes (and Chewy Bear) all in a two foot by two foot space. Gross.

Aside from that, we've pretty much battled the jet-lag, though Ella kept falling asleep at random yesterday, managing to sleep through our first viewing on the Colosseum. She caught it on the way back to our apartment. She's a bit ornery and reminding us that she is indeed an independent toddler. Even when we jam her into a stroller for a good part of the day.

Today, Ella tried some of my Sprite - I may have started some sort of life-long addiction. She really liked it. And, even drank out of an open cup, with help (which she didn't want). Now, it's nap time after a long afternoon of adventures. Now if I could get her to eat some food, other than strawberries, we'd be in good shape.

Perhaps there will be some pictures along the way, but I make no guarantees. As of now, our internet connection is spotty as we lean out of a bedroom window, stealing someone's wireless signal. That bedroom happens to be Ella's, so I should scoot out now that she's asleep.

No comments: