And of course, I had to take Ella to the store to buy some food and dishes. Buying dishes and play food isn't an easy process anymore. The choices! I just wanted a few plates, some fake food - nothing fancy. There are dish sets more elaborate, with more pieces, than what we registered for when we got married! The food sets are just as elaborate, and themed. I wanted a nice balance of food. But, there are veggie sets, fruit sets, diner sets, McDonalds sets, bakery sets, BBQ sets.... I definitely didn't want the McDonalds or diner sets - I didn't think Ella needed a fake Big Mac or onion rings. The set of donuts didn't seem to be part of a balanced meal either. I eventually found a little set that came with food and dishes. Perfect!
Monday, July 20, 2009
Another Craigslist Find!
Per Ella's doctor's orders - I've been scouring craigslist and garage sales for a kitchen. Most of them were pretty expensive, compared to buying new. But, I happened to find one, in town for only $5! It's missing a shelf and the tray to the highchair part - but it's clean and in great shape otherwise. And really, I got it for $4.95 because I found a nickle in the oven when I washed it down.
Ella has been so busy with her little kitchen that she hasn't even ventured into the living room to play with other toys. She's even spoon fed her baby and given it a bottle. The baby bottle continues to be her favorite part though - she won't let it go, and every once in a while, she'll try to take a drink from it!

And of course, I had to take Ella to the store to buy some food and dishes. Buying dishes and play food isn't an easy process anymore. The choices! I just wanted a few plates, some fake food - nothing fancy. There are dish sets more elaborate, with more pieces, than what we registered for when we got married! The food sets are just as elaborate, and themed. I wanted a nice balance of food. But, there are veggie sets, fruit sets, diner sets, McDonalds sets, bakery sets, BBQ sets.... I definitely didn't want the McDonalds or diner sets - I didn't think Ella needed a fake Big Mac or onion rings. The set of donuts didn't seem to be part of a balanced meal either. I eventually found a little set that came with food and dishes. Perfect!
Today we have Ella's pre-op doctor's appointment. Then tomorrow is the MRI. I'm a little nervous, but better than I'd expected. We'll see how I do tomorrow! The IV is what scares me the most, and even then, they'll numb the area before inserting it, so she shouldn't feel it. Must breathe! Tomorrow at this time she'll be home cooking in her kitchen!
We've made it to 10 weeks. My pants are getting a little snug. Ugh - this is the frustrating part. Too big for regular clothes, too small for maternity clothes. Not big enough to look pregnant, big enough to look like I bought the real-life version of the donut set. Loran also wanted to take his picture to commemorate 10 weeks.
Ella has also become a fan of climbing on the couch cushions, which is good for her PT as she learns how to climb up and down them. She really likes to climb into her spot, lean back on a pillow and pull the blanket over her legs. It's pretty cute. The other day, she climbed up and watched Sesame Street while I prepared dinner - awesome!
And of course, I had to take Ella to the store to buy some food and dishes. Buying dishes and play food isn't an easy process anymore. The choices! I just wanted a few plates, some fake food - nothing fancy. There are dish sets more elaborate, with more pieces, than what we registered for when we got married! The food sets are just as elaborate, and themed. I wanted a nice balance of food. But, there are veggie sets, fruit sets, diner sets, McDonalds sets, bakery sets, BBQ sets.... I definitely didn't want the McDonalds or diner sets - I didn't think Ella needed a fake Big Mac or onion rings. The set of donuts didn't seem to be part of a balanced meal either. I eventually found a little set that came with food and dishes. Perfect!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment