Saturday, I scrapbooked all day. I assumed Loran and Ella had a nice time, and both are still alive.
Sunday, we drove up to St. Joseph for Rhonda's shower. Her daughter is due at the end of September. We had a fun time seeing the girls. Ella met a new little friend named Anna, but only liked to watch her from afar. She was a big helper while Rhonda opened gifts.
This week, we've been working on chores around the house. Ella's been a big helper. I had her picking up tape balls and throwing them in the garbage while I painted. Although, her eagerness to get into things has caused me to dig plastic out of her mouth at one point and rescue her from underneath our bathroom cabinet door which she'd pulled on top of herself. The thing weighs like 30 pounds and she definitely looked like the witch from Wizard of Oz with only her little legs sticking out...funny in retrospect now that we know she's okay!
This week, I had my 16 week doctor's appointment. Everything is going well. My biggest decision is whether to get the H1N1 vaccine when it's available. I'm torn on that one. I'll definitely get the flu shot and I've always been a supporter of vaccines in general, but this just seems weird to me. Not sure. Bearclaw has a good sounding heart and made a liar out of me the day of my appointment. I told the doctor I haven't felt much along the lines of movement that I could definitely attribute to the baby - then that afternoon it felt like I had a goldfish swishing around in my belly. Our big ultrasound is scheduled for September 29th -but I might have to wait to tell the family what we're having (if he/she cooperates) until October 4th when we see everyone for the last Twins game. Can I keep a secret that long? That is the question!
This is a cute video of Ella being a camera ham and showing off her animal sounds during her bedtime stories. The last meow (mow) is my favorite.
No comments:
Post a Comment