We weren't able to get pictures of its heart and because my placenta is very low (as it was with Ella) we earned ourselves a follow-up ultrasound in a month to get those measurements...which is a good thing since...Bearclaw is still a Bearclaw. Not a boy, not a girl. It started the ultrasound with it's little legs stretched out, but the tech was measuring other parts and doing the "meat" of the scan. Meanwhile, frivolity such as gender, has to wait until the end. But, but the end, Bearclaw had assumed a crouching position and wasn't about to move for anyone.
The tech says, based on the few views she did get of Bearclaw's swimsuit area - she would guess girl. Buuuuuut....wouldn't make that official without a better shot. But, Bearclaw is healthy - what we've seen so far and measuring within 2 days of the due date, and doesn't have any pesky cysts in its brain like its sister did (which earned us a bonus ultrasound with her too).
I thought I could handle the suspense of waiting six more weeks to find out the gender. I mean, its six weeks. I've already waited 20...what's six more long weeks?? People used to have to wait 40. But, those people had no choice - I have a choice. I'm all about choice! I choose to know!! So, Loran is making my every wish come true and treating me to an ultrasound at a boutique place where they do cheesy things like make you a keepsake video and set it to music. And give you keepsake photos, and most importantly, tell you the gender of your child. They're not preoccupied by boring stuff...like anatomy measurements - they're all about cuteness, keepsakes and baby genders - all for a fee of course. Now to decide on what cheesy song I'd like to play on my ultrasound DVD. I was thinking "Back in Black" by AC/DC...how bad ass would that be?
So hopefully, after Saturday and the charge on our debit card (cuz we're debt free now!), we'll know if Bearclaw has a gender. If not, I still have a month until I go back to see if Bearclaw again.
As a family, we all collectively went to the Twins game on Sunday. We'd invited everyone over to our house after wards for dinner and the big gender reveal... so, we went with tentative girl and this is how we told them...gender cupcakes!
The inside is infused with pink Jell-O. I'd thought of shooting them up with both pink and blue just to screw everyone up...but I'm still clinging to tentative girl.
And to further my impatientness (totally not a word), I had my mom do the ring test, again. Lately, when I do it, I get girl. She did it and got boy again. I used her ring and did it myself and got girl. She used my ring and got boy. Now we have ring test confusion! Well, one of us is right...



1 comment:
Admittedly, I'm not having children yet, but Brad and I think we'd want it to be a secret until the end.
Post a Comment