Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Little Off the Top


Ella had her first haircut today. We went to Kid's Hair which was hopping with kids, but all of them seemingly happy to be there. A good sign. I didn't have a lot of requests concerning Ella's hair - just...no bangs and clean it up. I was a little teary to see it cut, knowing that was the hair she was born with, her baby hair! But, when all was said and done, it looks so much better now. Plus, Ella was a star the entire time. She only cried the first few seconds of being placed in the chair, but Chewy quickly remedied that. It also helped that each hair cutting station and a television and Ella's was playing Sesame Street. She'd have stayed there all day.


Sesame Street makes everything alright.


Sometimes, I think the smell emanating from Chewy just lulls her, like ether.



I think the end result is quite nice, as does Ella. We made it through dinner without a ton of food in her hair! Whoo!

To celebrate, and to burn off some extra energy, Loran dressed Ella as a dinosaur again. She just loves this costume and her little personality morphs the moment she gets it on. She didn't even mind not having opposable thumbs for over an hour...She was too busy stalking around, chewing her prey and climbing over obstacles to be bothered by such trivial, evolutionary things.

1 comment:

Dayna said...

Christy! She is just TOO cute!!!