Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Difference Between Help and "Help"

This weekend, I had the house busy with baby preparations. One month to go according to the due date. The carseat bases are installed, the new swing is up, the new Pack n Play is up, diapers are distributed to their various holding places. The bags are mostly packed. We're ready. Now, I'd like Lily to wait until at least Feb. 1. I have a busy January. But, we're still ready.


On Thursday, I decided to have Ella help me assemble the swing. I refer to this as "help". In retrospect, this would have been better accomplished during nap time, for both parties involved. Ella "helped" take the pieces out, "helped" throw them on the floor. "Helped" hide the hardware. And threw a very "helpful" fit anytime I wanted to actually look at the instruction manual, which she wasn't interested in, unless I needed it. But, we got it together and now I would like to have a giant adult sized swing that just cocoons me in and rocks me. Of course, "helper" likes to push the swing on her own. It'll be a little like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride for Lily. Hope she has a strong stomach.

This box had been driving her crazy since its arrival. Ella was more than happy to help me tear it open.

This seems to be in French, but that's okay, I can't even read English. I've got this totally under control. Don't even think of touching this instruction manual...

Saturday night, Loran helped by assembling the Pack n Play. He was far more helpful than my previous little helper. In fact, I didn't have to do anything but lay on the bed and watch him. Well done!

No comments: