Friday, February 26, 2010

We Did It!

Loran had a business trip this week. He'd postponed it before the delivery so as not to miss the delivery - which, considering the entire labor and delivery took as long as the flight, there was no way he could have made it, even if he was sitting in the airport when I called...but, that meant that once Lillian was born, Loran had a trip to take to Seattle. He left early Wednesday morning and came home late Thursday night. It was a little stressful on this end. I knew I could do the daytime routine, but I was worried about the crying that usually happens between 11pm and 1am. Then, Ella had therapy on Thursday morning which means all three of us needed to be clean, dressed and fed by the ungodly early hour of 9:30am!! I set my alarm for 7:15am to make this happen. It's hard when the littlest of the bunch takes a leisurely 45 minutes to eat. Unfortunately, Lily didn't understand the time constraints I was under and decided that crying from 10pm to 2am was a great idea. Then up for an hour at 5am. The alarm was rough, but we were all ready to go by 9:25!! We did it!

Lucky for me, Ella is enthralled by the Olympics. She calls it "Fun" and asks me to, "Watch Fun?" she also likes hockey, so sometimes she asks, "Watch Hockey?" We'll be kind of sad when the Olympics are over, they've been a nice break from Sesame Street. Last night, the three girls just cuddled on the couch and watched Fun.

Ella's doing okay with Lily, but would rather she not make any noise or need anything. Last night, Ella was tired and Lily was crying so Ella walked up and punched her, while Lily was in my arms. So, Lily went in the swing and Ella got a little lecture and had to go say sorry to Lily and show me that she could touch her nicely. Then Ella and I sat down to read a book together and it was time for Ella to get ready for bed. A newborn and toddler are challenging, I'm not going to lie.

We were very excited to see Loran at 10:30pm, Lily was so excited that she was actually ready for bed without crying at midnight and slept great with one early feeding. Blissful!

Ella still wants nothing to do with her sister...

Already being goofy!

Eating puffcorn and watching the photo shoot.

The charm bracelet Loran gave me when Lily was born, it says "All because two people fell in love" and it has a charm with our anniversary date, my initial, Loran's initial, Ella's name and Lillian's name. Love it!


Ella serenading us with "Twinkle Twinkle" while playing the ukulele upside-down.

Scrumptious little baby hands and feet. So kissable!


And to have more fun with genetics, here are newborn photos of Loran and I.

Loran

Christy

No comments: