Monday, May 17, 2010

Cribz

Last night, Lily spent her first night in her room. On another floor. All alone. Far away. In a big crib. Did I mention she was all alone? I was at least 20 seconds away...so far, so very very far.

It's so lonely without my baby!

And really, she didn't have any problems with it. I didn't even cry (close...)! The hardest part was not seeing her in the Pack and Play in our room. I had the monitor turned on and turned UP! Any noise she made was amplified louder than if she'd been in the room with us. Eventually, I did turn it down a bit after Lily coughed, I had to be pried from the ceiling...

 Lily was all smiles when she woke up and was scooting around her crib. Success!

We enjoyed the beautiful weather this weekend and Ella added a few scrapes to her growing collection on her knees. Being a little kid is busy, hard work. Ella has found her new "happy place" - the swing at K&R's house. We had to visit it several times over the weekend. She likes to watch the cars, motorcycles, boats, dogs, squirrels, birds and bicycles go by from her post and points out each and every one of them. Little kids have a way of making you take note of life and not let the details go unnoticed.


We had a family photo shoot with JB Photography on Saturday morning. After a week of rain, we were blessed to have an absolutely gorgeous day with sun and perfect temperatures. Ella and Lily were able to wear the dresses I made for them. I've seen one finished photo on facebook, and perhaps some will show up on her website...aMaZiNg!!

We continue to struggle with the bottle. We tried the Playtex bottle yesterday and it worked beautifully. Of course, the Breastflow one worked great last week, but then Lily wised up...so I'm not holding my breath.


Last night, we ended our weekend with a family run. We put jammies on the girls and loaded them in the jogger. We took off around 8:45 and enjoyed the lake at twilight, arriving home in the dark where kids were promptly tucked into bed. It was nice, and I'm not sore. We'll see what today's run holds. Run 2min, walk 2 min and then boot camp afterward. I could hardly walk immediately after last week's boot camp. Which was held in the cold pouring rain. It is boot camp after all...today's sun will be a welcome change from our previous three weeks of rainy runs.

No comments: