Thursday, July 15, 2010

Five Months, Seven Years and Sickness

This is guaranteed to make you smile. Who doesn't smile while watching a baby get attacked by a stuffed cardinal.


I have a monster cold. Easily one of the worst colds I've had in at least 10 years. Luckily, the girls have been really well behaved as I spend my day plowing through a tissue box. Unfortunately, Lily jumps every time I blow my nose. Since I used up an entire box of tissue plus some yesterday, she jumped at least 200 times. It's bad enough to be sick, but even worse to look into their happy little eyes and know that in a week, I'll probably be dealing with two little girls with bad colds. I've been washing my hands and using hand sanitizer as much as possible, but really, how do you avoid contact with a 2 1/2 year old or 5 month old.




Yes! Lillian is indeed five months old already! Wow! I've started making her some baby food as fruits and veggies are on sale to freeze for later. I don't plan on starting her on solids until after our trip to Montana so I'll have one less thing to pack/worry about. I have given Lily a sneak taste of peaches from my finger when I was pureeing them. She seemed quite pleased with them. I'm kind of sad that my baby is growing up and almost ready for solid foods. I'm more sad to have to sit around feeding her solids. Because, after that first foray into solid foods where they make crazy faces, it's really boring. Mind numbingly boring to feed a baby solids. Almost as boring as toddler bath time.

 She's all arms and legs in constant motion.


Loran and I celebrated our seven years on Sunday with some child-free time. We dodged rain storms and tried our hand at geocaching. Yes, we were using a GPS to find small tape covered Altoid boxes hidden in parks so we could sign our names proclaiming that we found it. We found 2 of the 4 we searched for. It was pretty nerdy, but it was nice to be out and about and it is kind of addicting. Plus, we got to use our bikes, which we never can do with our little ones until Lily is old enough to sit up in the Burley. After the nerdery, we cleaned ourselves up and went out to dinner at the restaurant we had our first official date. It was so fun to reminisce and of course, eat. Our actual anniversary was on Monday and it was pretty much business as usual. Loran was at work, I was wiping noses and changing diapers, we both went running - separately and I was coming down with my cold, so I eventually switched my glass of champagne out with a mug of Theraflu. An Oprah mug...lame. 


 

No comments: