Saturday evening, we celebrated Lillian’s dedication at church. Our family joined us at church and then afterward at our house for some ice cream cake! Both Lillian and Ella did a great job on stage. I have to admit, the moment I saw Lillian’s little face on the big screen, I immediately choked up and got teary. I’m such a mush. I pulled it together in time to walk on stage. Thankfully.
We chose the following verses as Lillian’s life verse:
For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; add to goodness, knowledge, and to knowledge, self-control, and to self control, perseverance, and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness, love.
2 Peter 1:5-8
Lillian loved her ice cream cake. Even though she didn’t get to taste it, she liked swiping at it! I’m sure she would have liked to munch on it to cool her sore little tooth!
Ella helped Lillian open her wonderful gifts. Lillian enjoyed spending time in the middle of the room entertaining everyone with her exersaucer antics. She tried her hand at opening some gifts too. Loran put her to bed that night after reading to her from her very own Bible. It was very special! We are blessed to have such wonderful family and friends who surround our girls in love and kindness.
As part of the dedication, in addition to choosing a life verse, submitting a photo and doing some other homework, we had to write a letter. Loran and I put together the following for Lillian:
Dear Lillian,
We are very proud to have you as our daughter. Today’s dedication is the first step in your walk with God. We look forward to your spiritual growth and seeing you come to know Jesus and His love for you. May your every day be filled with the same fascination for God’s creation that you display even now. Always remember that your Christian faith is a relationship with God, and that the more time you spend praying and talking with God, the better you will come to know Him and His plans for you. We love you very much!
Love,
Mom and Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment