Thursday, December 9, 2010

Silent Night

This Pampers commercial gets me every single time I see it. There is nothing more magical, precious or heartwarming than a sleeping baby…

 

Every night, I peek in on each of my sleeping girls. I watch their eyelids flutter, little smiles form on their lips, I listen to contented little sighs and calm, deep breathing. I think of the day we’ve just had, it’s trials, it’s joys and I think to when they were just new little babies and how I studied them, trying to engrain every little crease, dimple, hair, into my memory. I think to the days and years ahead. Everything that lays before them. Hard, easy, tearful, joyful…there’s so much to come, so many experiences and memories that will continue to shape their personality.

It’s in those moments, watching them sleep that I feel peace. I smile. Look at what I’ve accomplished…a sleeping child! Sometimes, knowing they are safe, warm and sleeping is my biggest accomplishment of the day. No matter how many times I’ve experienced it, it’s always one of the highlights of my day.

002 001

Heavenly Peace.

No comments: