I apologize for the lack of posts. We are now on summer vacation, but the weeks leading up have been hectic. I can’t exactly say we’ve slowed down, but more that the chaos has shifted into different baskets. And the craziness of having a 15 month old and 3 1/2 year old is really setting in! These two are nutz. The littlest is the ring leader.
![]()
Lillian had her last day of school last week. Her little friends gathered in the gym for some playtime and in their classroom for some fun and snacks. When school started, Lily was the oldest and was still a potted plant. Now, the class has added quite a few friends and Lily is still the oldest, but there are some other movers and shakers in class now. They’re an active and loud bunch. It’s been so fun watching everyone grow during the school year.
Lily used her last day to really start summer off right.
First, Lily caught some big fish. Then a little boating was to be had…
Hmmm…what kind of trouble should I get into now?
Reading with teacher Wendy and Lily proves to me that she really does know how to remove the caps from markers.
Lily’s first day of school in September!
So now that Lily is free from school, she is really feeling the urge to run head-on into summer. The other night, while making dinner, I noticed it was quite quiet in the other room where Lily was. Even when she plays quietly, it’s not that quiet. Ella was in the kitchen with me. I asked Ella what Lily was doing (usually she’d run and check), but rather than give me a full report, Ella continued her cooking and told me, completely dead-pan that “Lily’s gone.” I went to check on Lily myself. I quick scan of the first floor and I didn’t see her. The bathroom door was closed, the gate was up. I checked the front porch, a quick scan of the yard, no Lily. Now I’m getting worried. I ask Ella one more time where Lily is and I get the same, even keeled response, “Lily’s gone.” I decide she must be outside in the front yard so I run out. Sure enough, there is Lily. She was standing in the driveway when she saw me and quickly ran over. She’d found a walnut, clearly forging for food. She ran right to my arms and not in the opposite direction, which usually happens. I think she realized once she’d made it down the front steps, she was all alone. No Mommy or Ella around to play with or show off for. Reality was a little frightening for the tiny fugitive (and Mommy). I was about 80% certain my story was destined to be shown on Lifetime as I frantically busted out of the front door in search of my missing baby.
So now, I’ve installed an appliance lock on the screen door and we’re really ready for summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment