Monday, August 15, 2011

Goodbye Sweetheart!

This is a phrase uttered by Ella multiple times a day. It’s so darn cute, it’s like spun sugar making your cheeks tingle. She will grab a bag or her purse, sling it over her shoulder and then come to tell me, “Goodbye Sweetheart!” I will then say goodbye and ask her where she’s going. The best lines so far:

080- I’m going to Target, bubbles are on sale.

- I’m going to see Candace, she has beautiful dresses. (the administrative assistant for Loran’s team)

- I’m going to Cub (grocery store) to buy food.

- I’m bringing the babies to the babysitter.

 

The last one caught me by surprise. I didn’t know she knew you could take babies to a babysitter. And sure enough, the babies were packed up in their car seats or wrapped in blankets. And later I found them all dumped over the gate, because apparently, that’s where the babysitter is.

Babies are now a big deal at our house. They’re being dressed, undressed, fed, wrapped up, put in car seats, pushed around in strollers, fought over, thrown, cried over, loved, hugged and kissed. It’s fun to see the imagination in both girls blossoming.

089085086

This dynamic duo will be available for your babysitting needs in 2022. Call now, their schedule is already filling up! (we’ll work on that holding babies by the neck thing…)

We have another little love affair with a doll starting. It’s Woody. We went to visit a friend last week and her sons had a Woody doll. Well, be still Ella’s beating heart! She fell in love with Woody, and hard. I’ve never seen her so quickly attached to a single toy and care so much for it (other than Chewy). And, since we’re HUGE fans of Toy Stories 1, 2 and 3 – I was a softy and stopped at Target on the way home to pick up a Woody. And lo and behold, our Woody came with a feature that the other one did not – this Woody plays TWENTY-FIVE different phrases! And lets you know if his hat is on or off. OH BOY! LUCKY ME! I finagled it out of the box in the parking lot and for the full 45 minute drive home, I got to hear five of Woody’s phrases over and over and over – because he was in demo mode. But, I’ve now learned to tune Woody out and hardly notice his witty cowboy banter throughout our day. And really, Ella is over the moon in love with him, and all things Toy Story. I had to bring her rocking horse downstairs so she could “ride Bullseye”. As of now, she wants to be a cowgirl for Halloween. Lily will be a dinosaur, so she can be Rex!

 002 003

You’re my favorite deputy!

004

The two loves of Ella’s life. Chewy’s ears have mostly eroded away/been digested, so now she’s working on his arms.

iphone 051 iphone 048 iphone 049 iphone 050

Ella likes to share the cowgirl love.

No comments: