Monday, September 26, 2011

Rites of Passage

Very early in the school year, Ella was able to experience one of her rites of passage at her school. She took home the “take home folder” for the first time. Last year, we never saw a take home folder. She was busy as a bee in the classroom, but didn’t have any work to bring home. However, not a few days into the new year and out she bounded from the door with the biggest smile on her face. It was actually my birthday, and quite possibly one of the best gifts was seeing the look of accomplishment to be holding that plastic folder containing her project. Ella had made a rubbing and was so excited to show off her art to Loran and I. Additionally, Lily and I were fresh from a run to Target where I’d purchased a Toy Story Jessie doll (for my birthday – combined with Woody, the girls are highly entertained and happy, so really, it is for me) and had the doll waiting in Ella’s car seat for her. I glanced in the rearview mirror on the ride home to see her hugging the folder in one arm and Jessie in the other and the goofiest, happiest, most content grin I’ve ever seen on her face. It was great!

 007 008

No comments: