Lily missed her first official day of school, and the second week too. But the third week was a charm and she officially had her first day of school! We’re in the same class as her buddy Andrew and we have the same teacher that Ella had at that age. Lily was very excited to be back, now with even more climbing skills and faster than ever!
Last day of Lily’s summer, first day of school!
This is the first class I’ve taken with her in which we separate. She’s an old hand at this, between church nursery and MOPS. I was very proud of her, she’s one of the only little ones who isn’t having separation anxiety when we got to our parenting classes. As with anything, that could change, but we’ll savor it while we can. Of course, it’s a little depressing that she doesn’t seem to care or notice when I leave, the welcome back I get is well worth it and proves to me that while she’s okay with me leaving, she’s even happier when I return. I love seeing her little smiling face run across the room while she screams, “Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!”
Of course, as with the beginning of the school year, we all got the third week of school cold. Lily was hit the hardest. It was a little odd to see Miss Spunk with a little less pep in her step. She’s rebounding now.
No comments:
Post a Comment