Monday before Thanksgiving, we were off to a Children’s museum near Chelsey’s house. Too add to the fun of the museum, we had a chance to spend time with some friends – including a friend Ella’s age, Spiro! Spiro and Ella have the same birthday. I met his mom online, which sounds a lot creepier than it really was. We were both part of a group of people on babycenter who were expecting their first baby in December of ‘07. A group of us, broke off and formed our own private group, a little smaller, with fewer trolls and more openness. From this, friendships have been formed that still run strong, through additional babies, moves, health troubles, spouse troubles, new jobs, etc. The birthday buddies were cute together and we definitely tired out the three little kids and a baby. Not to mention three parents and an aunt.
‘07 First Time December Mommies and their December 20th Babies!
The life-sized lightbrite! I think I need one of those in our house – so neat!
Ella and Spiro were busy in the train area!
Lily wasn’t too sure about crawling through this mirrored tunnel – she would cautiously enter and then go full speed, ejecting herself out of the other end forcefully, once into my knee so she had a big red bump on her cheeck. She was totally into this truck and would strong-arm the kids in this pretend truck, even big kids. She showed them who was boss/driver.
It’s not a children’s museum without plenty of chances to get drenched.
We learned one important lesson, and a good one at that. While we were playing, over the intercom comes an announcement for “Christy Gutt, please come to the entrance.” I did a quick survey and I knew where both girls were, so I knew they weren’t creating havoc elsewhere. Lillian stayed with Chesley and I went downstairs with Ella to investigate. And there, we found Loran and had to claim him as ours. Apparently, they don’t let adults into the children’s museum alone, you need to be with a child. I have to say, that while I’d never heard of that rule as I don’t frequent children’s museums solo, I’m pretty happy creepy guys can’t go hang out and watch children.
That evening, Loran and I were treated to babysitting by Chelsey so we could go on a date. We found a sushi restaurant that was excellent and the girls participated in a Chelsey’s closet inspired fashion show. They had a blast. Once we returned, we continued to practice Ella’s hide-and-seek skills. She’s slowly coming along. We have discovered that she can’t really “find” people who are hiding right in front of her, and when she’s hiding, as soon as she hears “ready or not, here I come!” she will pop out of her hiding spot immediately.
Vogue. Strike a pose.
No comments:
Post a Comment