Last year, I had a box of Valentine cards for Ella to give out. All she had to do was “sign” her name. By sign, I gave her a marker and she scribbled all over it.
This year I found a homemade Valentine idea online so we gathered the supplies, printed some materials and set out to make Valentine cards. I wanted to get an early start since it took Ella a couple of weeks last year to scribble her name on 23 cards, I figured it might take us awhile to create the 42 Valentines required for this year’s haul. And that’s just children…Garden of Hope’s enrollment is booming and now Ella goes to her special ed program through the district. So many friends, so little time!
Last weekend Ella and I set off to create some cards after dinner. The girl was rocking! Over the course of one evening and part of the next day, she has nearly finished all of her cards! All I’ve had to do is cut out her photos and peel sticker backs, otherwise, she’s been putting them all together! It’s been so fun to watch her motivation and hard work. Signing her name is still a scribble, this year she spells out each letter as she scribbles or write’s a line “E-L-L-A” also big because previously she’s always spelled out her name as “E-L-A”. She’s enjoying using my special purple pen. I think the Valentines are so motivating for her because there are several tasks involved in making each one, so when she needs a break from one aspect, she starts working on another. Less than two weeks to go – the Valentine card machine rolls on!
No comments:
Post a Comment