Wednesday, February 1, 2012

This Might Be a Problem

I’m noticing a little trend with Lillian, at first I didn’t think anything of it…

Like many children, when left in her crib a little too long after waking, we would walk in to find Lily stripped down. *Most* of the time, her diaper stays on – thankfully!

But now, I’m noticing that when she’s stuck in a situation, her instinct is to strip. The other night, she got herself up on the window seat for the first time, but then couldn’t get down. From the kitchen, I could hear her little plea for “heeeewp!” Which grew louder once Ella got down from the seat, further leaving her stuck without entertainment. I was within sight and it took me maybe a minute before I stopped what I was doing to rescue her. I turn around to find her topless. I’ve seen it time and time again now, she starts gets stuck, either physically or mentally and suddenly, she’s tugging on an article of clothing to lose some layers.

IMG_1012

Oh Lillian, I hope this is just a phase and we won’t get calls from her middle school that she couldn’t figure out a word problem and is suddenly without pants.

No comments: