This morning, at drop off, Ms. Patty casually mentioned that today they were going to start reading activities with Ella. That was exciting news in itself. Today was Ella’s day to stay at Garden of Hope through the early afternoon, no early lunch, no bus – just a little extra time with her friends and working on activities.
I arrived to pick Ella up and was greeted at the door by Ms. Debbie who immediately asked me if I wanted to see my daughter reading. That caught me a little off guard. I think my eyes got a little large and I quickly scanned the room to find Ella. There she was, middle of the big rug with Ms. Maria with cards laid out in front of her. There was a set of cards that had pictures of items, and a set of cards that had the corresponding word. Ella’s job was to sound out the words and match it to the photo. And sure enough, there she was holding the card and sounding out rrrrr-aaaa-t. rat! The former preschool/Kindergarten teacher in me is in shock. This is fabulous! As her mother, I want to boast that she’s naturally a genius. However, I think her fabulous school gets a lot of the credit…for harnessing her genius! :)
I wasn’t expecting such quick results! Ella will be starting War and Peace in no time. Or maybe some Dick and Jane.
No comments:
Post a Comment