Saturday, January 5, 2013

It’s Time for VeggieTales–Birthday Edition!

IMG_9192IMG_9195

It wasn’t difficult to choose a theme for the girls’ shared birthday party this year. Clearly, it would have to be the show that has taken our house by storm – VeggieTales. Another perk of being a part of Moms on the Run, is that I get to meet a bunch of women who have amazing talents, such as Kim, who makes cakes during her free time. All I did was ask Kim for a VeggieTales themed cake, picked the flavor (red velvet) and let her know how many we’d be serving. The morning of their party on December 15th, I was thrilled to pick this up! Even more thrilled? Ella and Lily when I arrived home. Perhaps Lily threw a small temper tantrum upon hearing she couldn’t just dig into it immediately.

We served salad, chili, and chips and then dove right into the gift opening. The girls had so much fun opening gifts, taking turns and watching one another open. They’re reactions were adorable. Both exclaiming, giggling and shouting their glee over their gifts. Such fun ages!

IMG_9202IMG_9215IMG_9220IMG_9223IMG_9238

And then…cake time! The girls were ecstatic that everyone was singing for them! Attention and cake! What could be better??

IMG_9269IMG_2945IMG_9270IMG_9272IMG_9281IMG_9285

Two birthdays celebrated in two hours, surrounded by family. Because we’re not content to just take in one major celebration at a time, we had to wrap up the birthday party so we could then head to our going away party, down the street at Kathy and Rob’s house. We like to party.

No comments: