Remember when I used to keep this somewhat updated? We’ve celebrated Halloween, enjoyed a Kindergarten choral concert, had Thanksgiving, went to Hawaii…Oh, and I’m in the process of starting up a business. Blogging has been placed on the backburner. I do still take photos.
This story, however, goes back to the end of June. And while it seems like I must be seriously behind if I’m just posting about an event in June, I’m actually posting something on time, because the end result of what happened in June was only posted online today. So, I’m not a complete slacker, but still am.
Back in June, we were asked by our neighborhood developer’s team of marketers if we would be in a promotional video for the community. Always one to help out, especially when it involves interesting opportunities like this, we signed up. The girls were to be filmed playing out in the events lawn. Of course, the temps were hovering around 100 for the first time and we were just getting into our first summer. We hydrated, sunscreened and went out to film. The girls were given a variety of things to play with: pinwheels, bubbles and ribbon dancers were the favorites. They quickly warmed up to the videographer, who was great with the girls. They were loving it. Full of smiles and giggles. We were out for about 45 minutes and the girls were able to take their bubbles home with them – joyful!
Now, six months later, we bundled up – it’s now blustery and about 35 degrees for the high, and headed to the Welcome Center for the video premiere. We enjoyed snacks and everyone gathered around the TV to watch all of the neighborhood stars. Only two people are hired actors…*cough cough restaurant scene*, the rest of us are all real residents and loving our new neighborhood. I didn’t tell the girls we were going to see them in the video, just that we were going to see a neighborhood video and maybe they would see some people they know. They screamed when they saw their neighbor friend, and then when they saw themselves, they squealed! The video was on a loop and the girls probably watched it ten times, at least.
And here it is…45 minute of heat stroke, don’t blink or you’ll miss them…the girls’ small screen debut…
No comments:
Post a Comment