Anyone remember MySpace? Anyone?? Well, back in the day, I had a MySpace page before I switched loyalties to Facebook. I randomly googled myself today to see what I’ve been up to and my blog from MySpace came up. This perplexed me because I didn’t even know/remember that I’d kept a blog on MySpace. However, it contains the first few weeks/months of Ella’s life in utero. So, I just copied and pasted the info so I would have it…crazy. Now to back date it.
- Aug 22, 2007
hiccup!
This morning is the first time I'm feeling the hiccups from little one pound Ella!
It's SO weird!
-
Post a comment...
-
- Aug 9, 2007
It’s a.......!
I got a call this morning from the clinic cancelling our ultrasound because the tech was sick. I was so sad. I bawled through the first conference session that Loran and I were attending...and I didn't care how crazy I looked. When the clinic tried to reschedule me, they decided that the dates available were too far out so they referred me to a radiology clinic that is near my doctor's office. Luckily, they could get us in today - only 20 minutes later than our original appointment.
Our baby was a stubborn little thing, after being awake all morning, it decided it was nap time and it was going to smash its little body right under my ribs at the top of my uterus and it did not want to move for anyone! Already stubborn. Very healthy heart. long legs and huge biceps!
-
Post a comment...
-
YAY!!! I am so excited! Marcus says he's thrilled and can't wait to meet her! Call me this weekend, ok? Love you both! See you in a couple of weeks. ~ M & M.
4 years ago
-
Heh - your mom was wrong! YAY GIRLS!!! How excited are you now? Time to bust out the pink sparkly stuff!!! :)
4 years ago
-
-
- Aug 2, 2007
35W Bridge Collapse
Current mood:
contemplative I'm just copying this whole email I sent to my girls because it's easier than retyping this craziness.
Sorry I couldn't talk long yesterday, it was really crazy. Plus, as Rhonda found, the cell phones were jammed which made it hard for me to find Loran who I was meeting in Mpls. near the bridge on Nicollet Island. I was on my way to the Island but had planned to get off one exit before the bridge (to use my sneaky side way into the city) but, the collapse happened around 6:05 right as I was rounding the bend on 35W and heading into the city. I was even listening to the traffic and at 6:00 there were no accidents and traffic was moving smoothly around the city. Suddenly, everything came to a stand-still right after I'd passed the last available exit before the one I needed. The traffic report broke in to tell about the collapse. The freeway was closed behind me about 25 cars back. I sat in traffic for over an hour to go the one mile to the exit while over 100 emergency vehicles sped by. It was really scary. There were helicopters all over, black smoke and when I could get ahold of Loran, you could hear siren after siren rushing passed him. Even my dad said that there were sirens all over Ham Lake as the sheriffs started heading down there. I saw emergency squads from all over the cities some of them towing boats and large equipment. Once I got off 35W, it was easy to get to Loran, but eerie because we were at a party on the river about a mile down. We couldn't see the bridge, but we could see the water patrols and tug boats heading towards it.
In happy news, we were at this casino night that Loran was invited to for work and Loran won the last raffle of the night - a 46" flat screen TV! So, that was nice!!!
Loran drove into work this morning and it took him about 50 minutes which is really good. I don't know of anyone who was on the bridge, but I guess there are at least 24 cars still in the river, but the odds of actually knowing someone is so small. Chelsey was going to the Twins game last night, and she always gets there early so I called her immediately when I found out to see where she was and thankfully, she was still at home and her ride was running late, otherwise, she'd have been near there!
So that's my little novel!
-
Post a comment...
-
- Aug 1, 2007
Not just fat!
Loran and I went to a Twins game last night. As I was waiting to meet him on the plaza, this man (probably in his 50s) walks up to me, beer in hand and asks, "boy or girl?" I must have looked a little confused and he added, "Do you have a boy or girl in there?" nodding towards my stomach. I laughed and told him I didn't know yet, but would next week. Then he said he ran a daycare so he knows a pregnant woman when he sees one and wished me good luck. Then Loran came a couple of minutes later and I was pretty excited to tell him. As strange as it was, it was so fun to have a stranger notice I was pregnant and not chubby!
Chelsey's coming over to help me paint the baby room today. Yesterday, I totally cleaned out the kitchen. Loran spent the weekend sanding and refinishing the nursery and kitchen floors so there's dust everywhere and our house is a disaster with furniture moved all over.
I had a blast this past weekend on a scrapbooking retreat with my friends. It was so much fun. I laughed so hard, plus, I got a lot done! I love those weekends - just fun!
However, I have to grab breakfast and get ready to paint.-
Post a comment...
-
- Jul 26, 2007
Age Check?
Current mood:
confused I've struggled with not really knowing how old I am for a couple of years. I just can't remember. Now I've finally got it nailed down that I'm 27 and MySpace tells me I'm 28! Seriously? What is wrong with them? Now I question myself...
I get to find out what this crazy baby is on August 9th. I still think it's a girl, but my mom's never-fail ring test says boy. We shall see. Perhaps I just have a broken motherly instinct already. *shrug*
-
Post a comment...
-
- May 25, 2007
Baby Gutt!
Current mood:
cheerful I've kept a secret from most for over a month now. Only close friends and family have known until today when it all became official with a date and a picture and a heartbeat!
Baby Gutt is due December 28th! We had our first appointment with our doctor today who got us a quick ultrasound to get an accurate date. I'm about 9 weeks, which I figured and we heard the heartbeat at a strong 160bpm, saw the baby (only one!) and it even moved around for us. It looked like it was doing the Loran Dance!
Loran and I are really excited and have been trying for awhile. Just when we were starting to get worried, all it took was for me to quit my job and go to Florida for Spring Break. I keep wondering how many other girls came back from spring break in the same predicament! :) I'm feeling great, no puking. A little bit of dry heaving when I had my cold, but that's past me now. Today I had to move up a pants size and my doctor says I need to lay off the Cheetos - my craving and weakness! :)We call it Con Queso.
Here's Con Queso's first picture. It's a blob only a parent could love...or figure out. At this point, the largest of the two bumps is the head.
This one shows the heartbeat on the bottom.
-
Post a comment...
-
way to go, I knew you'd get knocked up sooner or later =P
4 years ago
-
-



No comments:
Post a Comment