Last night I had my first bout with the big H - heartburn. I've had plenty of reflux, but this was the first time I thought my chest might explode from my abdomen. That or I was actually going into labor. It was horrible. This means I cannot have black beans and rice anymore!
Loran and I consulted the medical book we own for suggestions. The suggestion of standing up worked and I felt much better standing, unfortunately, it was nearing midnight and I was also tired so eventually, after standing around for awhile together while Loran read to me, I attempted sleep. It worked well until the reflux kicked in. Eventually, I crawled out of bed at 3:30 am, unable to take it anymore. I sat in the kitchen with the cat eating crackers and drinking milk. Eventually, I fell asleep on the couch until 5:30. I made my way back to bed when the smoke detector woke me up, chirping, because its batteries were going dead. I crawled into bed and I don't think Loran noticed I was gone for two hours. Then sadly, my alarm went off at 7:30 am so I could get ready to go to the dentist to get my cavity filled.
Other than that little set-back, things are going well on the pregnancy front. I have my 36 week appointment tomorrow which will include an internal exam to see if anything is starting to happen. We're ready for her, for the most part. The bags are packed and in the car (except those pesky last minute items), we're registered at the hospital, the carseat is installed, the nursery is finished, the clothes are washed and we've prepared 50+ meals for our freezer!
Here's my picture from last night - 36 weeks, 5 days.
No comments:
Post a Comment