Starting this week, I will be seeing the doctor weekly. I was really looking forward to today's visit after my earlier labor anxiety, I'd prepared a whole list of questions! Unfortunately, my doctor was tied up with surgeries so I didn't get to see her. And the nurse practioner could only answer some of my questions since she's not in the hospital setting. That was a little frustrating. Luckily, I'm not as anxious as I was earlier. Then, I had a new nurse which threw me for a loop, espeically when she asked for my last period...what?! Does that even matter now? Then she was all surprised that there was a due date written on my chart...I'm not sure if she noticed that giant bump under my shirt, and maybe thought I was just finding out...who knows. She was all excited that I was due so soon, once she used the magic wheel of due dates. Ugh!
I did get checked and I'm about 2 cm still but 50-75% effaced and the NP was able to poke Ella in the head. I'm measuring well, my blood pressure was down from two weeks ago and she even mentioned that my weight gain was good throughout pregnancy. Though, I'll even admit on this semi-public forum (only because I'm sure it's ALL baby weight) that I've surpassed the 200 pound mark. *sigh* It's for a good cause, blah, blah, blah...
Bring on the freakin' Christmas cookies.
My doctor did call me this morning to appologize for missing us but said she could strip my membranes next week. Of course, that would make it more likely that I'd be in the hospital for Christmas. At this point, Santa can find me there, I'm not worried! Not that I want to saddle my child with a Christmas birthday, but once again, at this point, the closer we get, the less it matters- it will still be hard for her. Life's tough, sometimes your presents get combined. Oh well. The doctor also said she's on call this weekend so I should aim for Sunday...I'll see what I can do!
I have a baby shower tomorrow with my school friends that I'm really looking forward to and Loran has a Christmas party tomorrow night that should be good. So once those are cleared, I could probably make Sunday work...
No comments:
Post a Comment