Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Greatest Thing I've Ever Done

Well, we're home, we're settled and we've made it a whole 24 hours with minimal crying. Ella continues to be an awesome baby. She only cries when she's hungry or needs to be changed. She's feeding really well and the milk showed up last night, and there was much rejoicing! Last night we thought we might have some problems when she wanted to eat every hour, but I decided to feed her on both sides which increased the feeding time, but then she slept for a lot longer so we were able to get some really good sleep between feedings. Hopefully this will continue.

It was amazing to be home in my own bed and not be achy from it. I'm truly in awe of how quickly a body can recover from the trauma of birth. Every day, my stomach is a little smaller and I'm less sore. I can get out of bed and roll over without problems. I don't need to be hoisted from the couch, I can bend and even put my own socks on! :)

Last night, we celebrated our little family Christmas. Ella had a few gifts under the tree so it's a good thing she came early! It was just so wonderful to be together as it snowed outside and then to wake up together this morning.

I'll have to write up the whole birth story and post it later, but for now, life is grand!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! We can't wait to meet her. I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well. Merry Christmas.
Love, The LaFleurs