I will never be on time anywhere again. I used to be punctual. Then Loran came into the picture...Loran's never on time for anything. Ella just seals the deal.
I was getting ready to go mall walking with Betsy and Sara. I was going to be just on time. I'd just finished giving poky her bottles and was currently pumping, with a Healthy Choice meal propped on my keyboard while I sent a few emails...multi-tasking at its best. As I finished up, I reached for Ella who was happily in her bouncer when I heard that sound. That sound of a diaper living out its destiny. Poop.
I changed Ella, still thinking I could be on time, maybe a few minutes late when the clincher happened. Ella, bare bottomed, me, about to put a diaper under her...too late, she peed every where. On her, the changing pad, the outfit, the socks...So, it was triage. I grabbed the closest outfit which was a somewhat tight onesie and a sleeper that would be pretty trippy if you looked at it while on acid...and off we went. We were ten minutes late.
As we were leaving the mall, I noticed that I hadn't cleaned up the spit-up on my shoulder as well as I'd previously thought. I'd just spent two hours at the mall with crusty spit up on my shoulder. I'm beyond caring...
Next stop...Mom Jeans!
3 comments:
You're too funny!! Lets get together soon. I miss you at school. I love keeping up to date with you and Ella.
Katie
LOL! You looked fine and I didn't even notice the baby spit on your shoulder...I'm sure some of it was Jack as well so don't feel too bad! :)
Betsy
How is it that women get the bad reputation for always being late. Lars is EXACTLY like Loran in that he is never anywhere on time and I am always just waiting by the door with my coat and hat on. Its like "oooh its five minutes before we have to leave--I better do the dishes that have been sitting here all morning". Ugh. I look forward to empathizing with what a child will do to this equation at some point.
Post a Comment