Ella gave Daddy the Ergo baby carrier for his birthday and somehow also got onto Mommy's ebay account and purchased the infant insert for herself. Smart kid. We tried it out tonight and I must say, it's pretty awesome! So comfy and Ella fell asleep in it right away. We're excited to use it in Hawaii.
Ella had quite the weekend, being babysat on Friday night and Saturday night. It was easy to leave her knowing that the people watching her love her as much as we do. Friday she was with Nana Carol and Papa Dan. It seems that she was a good little girl. I was fine leaving initially, but once we got to church for the speaker, I saw that empty carseat base in the back of the car and nearly cried. I was fine the rest of the night, but happy to see my baby when we got home.
Saturday night, Chelsey watched her. Chelsey said it was a case for abstinence! When we walked in the door, there was a pile of baby clothes and changing table pads on the kitchen floor. Apparenlty, Ella had peed all over during a diaper change. Chelsey noted that babies are harder to dress than dolls and Ella especially hates getting shirts on and off. Then, as we came in, Chelsey was in the midst of changing the worst diaper Ella has had since being born. We got it on video. It was hilarious to watch Chelsey, who has no experience with babies work through taking care of Ella. Both survived with some good war stories.
Today we enjoyed the warm weather (30s!) and took Ella out on a walk in her stroller along the lake. It was great to be outside! We hope to take another walk tomorrow with friends, plus we have ECFE class. I hope we get to play with the babies this time!
No comments:
Post a Comment