I know everyone's been waiting with baited breath to hear about Ella's pediatrician visit... :)
The little tanker is now 9 pounds, 1 oz! Woot! She's 21.5 inches long! She's doing great and there are no worries. She can have up to 6 oz of food at each feeding now. Basically, the doctor said if she's emptying her bottle, she should have more...up to 6 oz. When we give her 3.5 - 4 oz, she finishes. I gave her 5.5 oz when we got home and she was very content. He said we can't over-feed her, she'll either stop when she's full or throw-up the excess. Simple enough! This also means she should go longer between feedings! WOOT! The doctor also suggested we give her 1/2 breast milk, 1/2 formula. She'll still get all of the benefits, but I don't have to kill myself pumping. I think I'll implement this, and cut out my overnight pumping, but keep up during the day, maybe I can get some milk frozen again so I'll be set for awhile.
We can take her for walks outside whenever we want as long as she's bundled and protected from the wind, which her stroller would do. No church nursery for 2 more months as the doctor doesn't want her to get RSV.
Two pieces to note. He did hear a heart murmur, but said it was very common in newborns because their hearts are so effective with each pump, but their vessels are so cramped in their little chests that they get twisted so when the blood tries to flow through, it makes the whooshing sound as it flows through the twists of the vessels. Also, one of her newborn screening tests came back with an abnormality in her hemoglobin. But, they won't retest it until she's 9 months because it will probably have resolved itself because it's very possible that some of my hemoglobin was mixed with hers via the placenta and that will work itself out or she has a mutation in hers that is genetic and either Loran's side or my side has the same thing and it's not a big deal, just hereditary. There are also other possible scenarios, but they're even less likely. Basically, the doctor said both issues were not worth worrying over.
The claw scratched herself during the visit right next to her nose and started bleeding! Her nails are just crazy, but I don't want to have her wear mittens all of the time! Oh well, baby skin heals quickly.
Next visit is next month, then she gets shots. :(
I've also come to the conclusion that I need to cuddle her more. It's not that I don't cuddle her now, but I should do it more. Before I know it, she's going to be moving and not want to be cuddled. This is my chance to just hold her, without her fighting it, forever. It gets awkward to hold a nine-year-old on your chest...and holding a two year old is like trying to bathe a cat.
No comments:
Post a Comment