Monday, February 18, 2008

The Kissing Hand

Tonight I read The Kissing Hand to Ella. It's a great little book about not being afraid to go to school that I'd read to the Kindergarteners during the first week of school, then we'd create our own kissing hand (their hand print with a heart in the middle) to give to their moms. The book never really phased me all that much, it's a cute story and all...until now! All I could think of is Ella going off to school and getting on the bus. I nearly cried. I was getting choked up and I'd look down and Ella was just watching me, smiling away. What have I become?


Ella's two month appointment is tomorrow. I'm excited to see what she weighs. She also gets her shots. Four of them. I don't remember if it's three shots and one by mouth or four shots and one by mouth. Either way, I keep thinking about it. I'm nervous to hear her cry in pain. I'm sad that she'll be uncomfortable. I'm worried she'll get a fever. I look at this happy, smiling baby and I feel like I'm leading a lamb to slaughter...I know, that's a little dramatic. But, there aren't a lot of times you can use the word slaughter in a baby blog... I change her and I see those chubby little legs and I feel bad for the pain they're going to feel. I wonder if I can request "no bandaids" because I sure don't want to have to remove those from sore legs too! I'm sure it will be fine, I'll probably be the one who needs tylenol and a hug.


I wonder if I'll get a sticker?


Wow, a post from Loran and me within hours of each other. Lucky reading audience! :)


And for kicks, here is Ella in her cute bunting!

No comments: