Friday, February 22, 2008

Mommy's Nail Salon

Well, I did it. I made it 9 weeks (longer than many), then while cutting Ella's nails, I lopped off her finger tip. She didn't even flinch, but I knicked her just enough that she bled. I didn't cry, or panic like I would have if she were smaller and the fact that she didn't noticed helped calm me. I had her clutch a tissue to keep the bleeding in check. Good thing she enjoys holding on to things now!

Hopefully I got her nails trimmed down enough. She's started scratching her face again because she's discovering her hands. She loves to suck on her left hand. Is makes it sound very tasty with the smacking, it's cute!

It's 1pm and Ella and I are still in pjs. In my defense, she's eaten twice and napped once and it's almost afternoon naptime. I worked out, had breakfast, did dishes, pumped and worked on packing for Hawaii so we're not completely hopeless.

No comments: