Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ouch, Quit it!

Today I managed to throw off Ella's napping/feeding schedule. It's her own creation, but it suits us both well. Typically, she's been getting up between 6 and 7 to eat, then goes back to bed until 9. Eats, gets dressed and plays for a bit before going down for a nap around 10 for an hour and a half. Then up to play more, eat, play, nap around 1. Sleep 3 hours, up, eat, play maybe a quick nap then up until bedtime between 8 and 9.

This morning, she slept until 7. I fed her and should have just stayed up. I'd already been up since 6. But no, I decided to go back to bed. Well, I put Ella in bed next to me. Bad idea. Unless, you enjoy being beaten in the face by an infant for an hour and a half. Then she finally fell into a deep sleep and slept until 10:45. By the time we got out of bed and I got her fed, dressed and back down for a nap, it was noon and I was just getting in the shower. I felt like the entire day was wasted. Not to mention that Ella's schedule was completely off. And, it's not like I really slept any more because of the previously mentioned face beating.

Have I mentioned I call her Baby Wolverine because she growls and has sharp nails?

She was a little bear tonight. I'm going to attribute some of it to the total lunar eclipse. I'm sure that can mess up little baby minds just as I'm sure labor and delivery was hopping tonight.

No comments: