I am hearing that I have quite the readership. That adds some pressure to update frequently, plus, entertain. I was going to write a post about how Ella had wiggled enough this morning to cause the pins in her cradle to loosen, thereby setting it free to rock so she was stuck at an angle when it rocked one direction but not the other...but, that's not that entertaining. Luckily, she provided me with some blogging fodder this morning.
I'd just fed Ella six ounces and she was feeling quite content. I could tell she was working on a poo though. She's now only going once or twice a day, so when she goes....look out! I heard the familiar rumble and waited a few minutes so she'd be compltely finished before I changed her and dressed her for the day. She was sitting in my lap, looking around quite politely when suddenly I felt this hotness on my leg. I was seriously hoping that I was being attacked by some sort of rapid flesh eating virus. Nope, I lifted Ella and her poop had been so tremendous that it left no room for the pee that was to follow. So, I was getting soaked by poopy pee. On my leg. GROSS! Of course, I had to deal with her first so I had the soaked pants on for about a half hour after the incident when I finally got Ella down for a nap and I was able to shower. The laundry is running, the baby and I are clean...let the love of Valentine's Day continue.
Last night as we were laying in bed I was trying to recount the Valentine's Days we've spent together. Some of my friends had been mentioning that the first V-Day is usually the best with a decline afterwards. Loran was trying so hard to sleep but I was determined to remember each of the last five V-Days and eventually succeeded. Here's what we've got:
Year 1 - I fly to CT, we go to a B&B in Vermont which includes a horse drawn carriage ride and a romantic dinner.
Year 2- Closed on our first house on the 13th and spent the 14th sanding and refinishing the floors. The next day we went to a champagne brunch to celebrate.
Year 3 - We'd just returned from Acapulco the day before.
Year 4 - Loran was out of town. I went to the neighbor's house and we made a heart-shaped pizza with the kids.
Year 5 - I was pooped/peed on.
I'm already dreading year 6. Perhaps that will include vomit?
So, even if you're single and depressed and rationalizing that it's only a made-up Halmark holiday anyway and who needs it. Walk a little taller knowing that nobody crapped on your leg today. And if someone did, wallow on my friend, wallow on.
No comments:
Post a Comment