We took Ella to her four month appointment today. She's doing great!
Weight - 14 pounds 6 ounces - 75%ile
Height - 24.25 inches - 75%ile
Head - 15 in - 25%ile
She had shots again today, but they were out of the HiB shot, so she has to go back. She did great this time and was her smiley self a few seconds after receiving the shot. I didn't cry either!
Ella gets to start solids whenever we're ready. I think we'll wait. As the doctor said, if she's sleeping through the night fine, she's probably not ready. Once she starts waking up in the middle of the night to eat again, she's probably ready. I think we'll try to wait until closer to 6 months. Plus, the guidelines for starting foods are a lot less stringent. Now you don't have to wait a week between introducing new foods, but we should give veggies before fruits since she'll naturally be inclined to prefer fruits. Additionally, we don't have to give her pureed meats as she gets her iron from her formula and the babyfood meats are generally icky anyway.
Ella is currently napping off her shots. She was very sleepy after missing most of her morning nap because of ECFE and the doctor's appointment. She did get to bring Daddy to ECFE this morning, so that was exciting!
It was one year ago today that we found out I was pregnant! What a great year it's been! Better than I'd ever imagined when I saw the positive pregnancy test.
No comments:
Post a Comment