I've also given up on pumping as of yesterday morning. It's been a good 3.5 months but I'm ready to not be hooked up to a machine anymore. I'm not producing very much as of the last couple of weeks so today's the first day since Ella's birth that I haven't had milk extracted from me in some way. The pain is bareable, but I'm not accepting hugs at the moment! *ouch* Luckily, I saved up and have a few weeks worth of milk in the freezer so she'll still be getting some good stuff. We've also switched her to Target brand formula which is half the cost of Enfamil with all of the same ingredients! I have extreme mother's guilt for stopping, at the same time, I never enjoyed nursing or pumping. So, to have kept it up this long is pretty good. I could have easily stopped after I started having the pain and problems. I kept going. Even when I had clogged ducts and pain, I kept going. Even though I had to pump on our flights to and from Hawaii (twice each flight), I kept going. Even though two of those pumpings, I was seated in the middle of the row with an older man next to me...I kept going. I shouldn't feel guilty, as with most things associated with motherhood, I did my best.
Once again, cute pictures!
Ella takes in the first Twins game of the season, with her Twins cap on.
She refused to wear her sunglasses in Hawaii on the beach, but finally wore them on a walk.Ella gets a diaper change on Loran's desk during her office visit. This is what we think about the memo on the new cover sheets for the TPS reports...did you get the memo?
No comments:
Post a Comment