Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Saucer

I can't believe I forgot to post about this amazing find.

I found it on craigslist for $15, great price. I figured it could go one of two ways. Either it was in rough shape OR it was a mother who was done having kids and wanted that giant piece of clown furniture out of the house. Well, it was the first one. Loran picked it up and it was pretty dirty. It kind of seemed like the baby who owned it just sat in it eating crackers and smoking all day. GROSS!

Well, not to get me down, I spent about an hour and a half on Friday night with soapy/bleach water scrubbing this thing and washed the fabric seat in the washer. After a lot of work, it looks and smells (!) brand new! I'm pretty proud of myself and Ella seems to get a kick out of it. The best part - nothing on it makes electronic sounds. There's just one component that spins and has balls that rattle inside. There was one electronic toy, but I dumped it in the bucket of bleach water before realizing it had a battery compartment and on/off switch, so I just threw it away!

Other funny story - without the pacifier, Ella has been trying to occasionally suck on her hands. The problem is this...she'll study her hands really intensely, opening, closing her hand, wiggling her fingers. She finds this facinating. She then decides she wants those fingers in her mouth so she stares them down and tries to move them to her mouth. She doesn't know to bend her elbow though, so suddenly, her arm is across her face, the crook of her arm is in her mouth and she watching those elusive fingers out of the corner of her eye, confused on how they got there and not in her mouth. It's really funny to watch.

No comments: