Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pass me a roll

Apparently, if you want Ella to roll over, you must meet her conditions: nakedness.

Last night before bed, I stripped her down, diaper and all before pajamas. I figured I'd let her "air out" a bit. This was new to her to be laying on the floor, naked as can be. With her freedom she managed to roll over onto her side. She didn't make it all of the way...but she's almost there!

We feel very blessed this weekend. An EF3 tornado ripped through a neighborhood a few miles north of us and killed a 2 year old. We barely made it home from St. Paul before the storm hit. The whole drive we were listening to reports of a huge storm moving in, a tornado on the ground near where I grew up and we were quite nervous. We went straight downstairs upon arriving home and stayed down there for over an hour. The most we got was wind and small hail, we had no idea that a few miles away, homes were leveled. It's very frightening and at the same time has made me take stock in what I have and I'm so thankful for all of that.

When I feed Ella, I sometimes wish she would hold her own bottle. But then, I realize when she starts holding her own bottle, I'll wish she'd let me hold it for her. I'm not going to rush her, she's growing too quickly already.

No comments: