http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb106/christygutt/?action=view¤t=37ba4539.pbw
Ella had a good trip to NYC. She had some ear troubles on the flight out, but I'd brought a pacifier. I wasn't sure she'd even know what to do with it as she's been pacifier free for months. Even when we gave it to her, she'd spit it out quickly. When I popped it in her mouth, she knew exactly what she needed to do...she sucked and sucked and sucked. It definitely helped her mood.
We visited with many friends on the weekend. It was a great chance to see people and catch up. Ella rode on the subway for the first time and did great. In fact, it's amazing how a cute baby can soften up even the hardest New Yorker. We were on the subway when a couple of young guys boarded, covered in tattoos and piercings...pretty tough looking. Ella was watching them and eventually, they cracked and started smiling at her and making cute faces to get her to smile. Additionally, as I was walking down 5th Avenue, I had several business men stop to tell me how cute she was. That was neat.
On Monday, Ella and I had the day to ourselves as Loran had meetings all day. We walked in the rain to Rockefeller Center where there were hundreds of squad cars. I can only imagine there was some sort of celeb in one of the studios. We continued walking and eventually ended up at Tiffanys and FAO Schwarz. All of the customer service women at Tiffanys were swooning over Ella. Ella also loved the toy store and I had to give in and buy her a bear!
Our flight was delayed an hour, which wasn't bad considering the cancellations surrounding us and Loran's boss' flight didn't get out until 2am...I think it was scheduled for 8. Loran and I weren't sitting together as we'd booked our tickets separately. This was unfortunate when Ella got a little fussy and then projectile vomited all over me, herself the wall of the plane and the floor. Luckily, she was facing the window and not the stranger next to me! She was perfectly happy after the vomiting but we spent the next two hours of the flight smelling like sour milk. It was pretty gross. I was very happy to get home and shower. Even if it was 1am.
It was a great trip, Ella was a super traveller, despite the barf. It was so nice to see friends and just have a "relaxing" weekend together in NYC. It was also nice to not really feel like a tourist, having seen so many of the touristy areas, we just hung out.
1 comment:
The police line up that way to do their weekly terrorism drills - no joke! They gather at several locations in the city.
Post a Comment