I still need to update about our New York trip, many pictures, but for now...
Ella just returned from her 6 month appointment this morning. Here are the stats:
Weight - 16 lbs, 4 oz - 50%
Length - 27.5 in. - 97%
Head - 20%

She's right on track and growing well. The doctor isn't concerned that she doesn't roll over. She starting to sit up a bit on her own. But the biggest thing....
A TOOTH!
Ella cut her first tooth yesterday. We'd been expecting it and thought she was possibly teething in NYC, but yesterday she was just impossible (for her). She wouldn't eat, wouldn't nap and just wanted to be carried around. If we'd lay her down to play, she'd scream. Lay her down to nap...more screaming. She never screams, so we knew something was up. Eventually, Loran was able to get her to drink a little and lay down for a late nap around dinner time. She woke up happy as can be and we were able to go to Marketfest.
The doctor peeked in her mouth and sure enough, there was a little tooth poking out on the bottom and the other isn't far behind, so we'll have to brace for another cranky day soon. All things considered, she wasn't that bad through it.
We found out our doctor is leaving the office in September so that was probably the last time we'll see him. Too bad, we really liked him. We're going to try another one in the office who he said was closest to his style. As for why we call him Dr. Hotdog...you'll have to ask Loran about that one!
OOPS MOMENTS
Ella and I have had two bad mommy, oops moments this week. The first came while Ella and I were outside watering flowers. I had her in the carrier on my hip. She was enjoying being outside. I tried to adjust the sprayer and accidently sprayed her, point blank, in the face. She was quite startled and almost cried but I comforted her quickly between my giggles. It was pretty funny. She was soaked and dripping. I got wet too, but she took the brunt of it. I was trying to convince her that it was nice on such a hot day! Doesn't she look enthused...

The second moment wasn't as funny. I was stroking her face after her bottle but then moved my hand in such a way that my wedding ring gouged her face near her eye. She started crying right away and had her eyes pinched shut. I was so worried I'd hit her eye, but hadn't. Once I was sure she wasn't destined to wear an eye patch the rest of her life, she stopped crying. She had a little mark by her eye, but it's already gone. (luckily since she has pictures tomorrow and Monday!) Of course, Ella's already learning how to milk the system. She'd be happy on my shoulder after the eye gouging, but when I'd try to talk to her, she'd just look at me and start crying again. What a drama queen!
Ella just returned from her 6 month appointment this morning. Here are the stats:
Weight - 16 lbs, 4 oz - 50%
Length - 27.5 in. - 97%
Head - 20%
She's right on track and growing well. The doctor isn't concerned that she doesn't roll over. She starting to sit up a bit on her own. But the biggest thing....
A TOOTH!
Ella cut her first tooth yesterday. We'd been expecting it and thought she was possibly teething in NYC, but yesterday she was just impossible (for her). She wouldn't eat, wouldn't nap and just wanted to be carried around. If we'd lay her down to play, she'd scream. Lay her down to nap...more screaming. She never screams, so we knew something was up. Eventually, Loran was able to get her to drink a little and lay down for a late nap around dinner time. She woke up happy as can be and we were able to go to Marketfest.
The doctor peeked in her mouth and sure enough, there was a little tooth poking out on the bottom and the other isn't far behind, so we'll have to brace for another cranky day soon. All things considered, she wasn't that bad through it.
We found out our doctor is leaving the office in September so that was probably the last time we'll see him. Too bad, we really liked him. We're going to try another one in the office who he said was closest to his style. As for why we call him Dr. Hotdog...you'll have to ask Loran about that one!
OOPS MOMENTS
Ella and I have had two bad mommy, oops moments this week. The first came while Ella and I were outside watering flowers. I had her in the carrier on my hip. She was enjoying being outside. I tried to adjust the sprayer and accidently sprayed her, point blank, in the face. She was quite startled and almost cried but I comforted her quickly between my giggles. It was pretty funny. She was soaked and dripping. I got wet too, but she took the brunt of it. I was trying to convince her that it was nice on such a hot day! Doesn't she look enthused...
The second moment wasn't as funny. I was stroking her face after her bottle but then moved my hand in such a way that my wedding ring gouged her face near her eye. She started crying right away and had her eyes pinched shut. I was so worried I'd hit her eye, but hadn't. Once I was sure she wasn't destined to wear an eye patch the rest of her life, she stopped crying. She had a little mark by her eye, but it's already gone. (luckily since she has pictures tomorrow and Monday!) Of course, Ella's already learning how to milk the system. She'd be happy on my shoulder after the eye gouging, but when I'd try to talk to her, she'd just look at me and start crying again. What a drama queen!
No comments:
Post a Comment