Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lil' Skipper


We attempted to take the boat out for the first time this year. Ella DID NOT like the life jacket. Any time she was wearing it, I had to distract her so she wouldn't cry over wearing it. We never got the boat out, but Ella went on a pretend boat ride on my knee which she loved and laughed pretty hard over it.


This is what Ella thinks of life jackets. She was pretty grumpy and getting hungry by the end of our night.


On Sunday, we attempted to go to Como Zoo. Apparently, everyone else did too. We could not find a parking spot for miles. Eventually, we just gave up, deciding if the parking were any indication, the zoo would be packed. We're going during lunch tomorrow. Loran's going to leave the office for a couple of hours so we can go as a family! We decided to take a little hike in Tamarack Nature Center instead. It was quite the little hike. Ella sacked out during most of it, but as usual, she did enjoy some trees beforehand. This kid loves trees.

She's very busy lately pushing up on her arms. She gets up a little higher everyday. She's been chatting away to anyone and no one in particular. I've added lunch to her meal line up. Now she's having three solid meals and four bottles a day. Today was the first time she picked up her biter biscuit and actually gnawed on it.

Having Ella has definitely brought a new frame of thought to my consciousness. I've been trying really hard lately to eat right and workout. I want to model good eating and habits for Ella, but more importantly, I want to be healthy and energetic for her. I'd be so sad to sit on the sidelines while she plays. I'm excited for next summer when she's walking so we can go outside and play more!

No comments: