Here's Ella, waiting for Daddy get come home.
Ella shows off her new toy from Christy and Alex given for her 9 month birthday!
I'm 40 weeks, and I have Mom's cell phone! YAY!
On Friday and Saturday, we had a garage sale. Friday was absolutely gorgeous! 84 degrees and sunny with a breeze. Ella was a good girl during the sale. We only held it until noon because Loran had to head into work and I couldn't do it by myself and take care of Ella. So, we closed up shop around 12:30. Loran left and I was giving Ella lunch. While I was feeding her, a previous customer came to pick up her purchase once she'd walked home to get her car. I had the garage door up to retrieve her items and another person came. Never mind that the sign was pulled from the yard, everything was shoved into the garage and my car was parked in front off it. So, I told them we were closed and hurried in to continue feeding Ella. Meanwhile, I see a car drive by slowly, pointing at the house, then they stopped. A minute later, I peek out to see if they're still there and they are, but the car is empty. I look out the side door...they're in the garage! I'd pushed the garage door button when I'd come in, but it popped back up without me knowing. So, I rush out to them, then rush back to make sure Ella isn't choking and go back and forth quite a few times while these ladies take their time looking through things. In the end, it was worth it because they made a good purchase, but it was annoying.
Luckily, it was homecoming and the high school band parked their bus in front of our house, so that stopped people who were looking for the sale from stalking our house all afternoon. Ella and I went to the parade. Ella was sleeping when the parade started, but the firetrucks did a good job of waking her up - in tears. Once she calmed down, she enjoyed watching everyone pass by and we practiced waving.
Here is Ella wearing her last size 2 diaper and getting ready to put on her first size 3! We then packed her up and brought her to Nana and Papa's for a sleepover so we could have a date night and finish the garage sale on Saturday without Ella.
Bed-head Ella and Papa.
Ella and her buddy, Uncle Nathan.
After church on Saturday night, we went to fireworks in White Bear Township. They were rescheduled from the night the Hugo tornado went through. We met up with lots of friends! Here's Ella with Will, Jack and Emily.
Here we are with Katie and Sophia.
Here we are with the fireworks technicians. Back in the spring, my aunt and uncle had won an auction for the opportunity to push the button to start the fireworks show. This privilege also came with an abundance of snacks and reserved parking and fireworks watching spot. They ended up being out of town for the rescheduled event so they let us do it!
So we walked down to the fireworks launching area where only "certified people" should go and pushed the button to start the show. It was a pretty neat opportunity, but I think they should make the button a little more impressive to push, this was it. That didn't stop the ego trip to follow!
This was Ella's first fireworks show that she was awake for. Ella watched from Aunt Chelsey's lap, next to Ashley. According to Chelsey, Ella jumped for most of the fireworks, but did well.
Here's some of my handiwork. My finger made this happen.
As we left, we had a lot of treats leftover. Here's Ella in every child's dream position...sandwiched between a giant tin full of candy and 10 bags of movie theater popcorn!
Sunday was a gloomy day, but we were out in the drizzle taking the boat out. Ella was strapped to my back and eventually fell asleep, warm and cozy. Once the boat was out and we were showered up, we brought Ella to Children's Hospital to get her hip X-ray. It was probably the best time to do it as they weren't very busy with the Twins and Vikings both playing. I was so thankful to not have a sick baby wrapped in a blanket, entering through the emergency entrance. We had a nice, healthy...vocal and happy girl. Ella was a champ during the x-ray as Loran held down her feet. She just gnawed on Chewy, then it was done and we were on our way home to stop at the grocery store, take a walk and relax with some pizza.
Ella's working really hard to crawl. She's actually moving, at a snail's pace, so you don't notice. But, we put her down on her belly and a few minutes later, she's facing a different direction and two feet away. She can't wait to move! Who knows what this week will bring?
No comments:
Post a Comment