This is a very sad little Ella during lunch today. She was just sad. Too bad, she had a great lunch of macaroni and cheese and peas with a little apple juice in her cup. Unfortunately, she couldn't finish because her teeth are bothering her. She downed her milk bottle like a champ and drifted off to sleep.
Ella has cut one tooth on the bottom (on our left of the two already in) and the opposite tooth is trying to get through.
Loran always gives me a hard time saying that we don't need our baby monitor because Ella never wakes up. While true, I tell him we never know when she's going to wake up in the middle of the night and barf. Last night, I double checked that the monitor was on right before we settled into bed and seconds later, Ella woke up screaming. Loran was out of bed in a flash and probably bound down the stairs two at a time. I was trailing behind him, not as quick and slowed down from being tangled in the sheets. We thought she had a nightmare. We both took turns rocking her and she settled down and drifted back to sleep. But, now I'm thinking it was her teeth. This morning, she slept really late - 10 am and woke up smiling. Sure enough, there was a little tooth poking out. Well, this afternoon, she's very sad and crying. Clinging to me for hugs. She's taking a good nap right now so she'll hopefully wake up a little happier.
We're quite lucky, this is really the first time her teeth have even been a bother. And these are teeth 7 and 8.
And, I just got off the phone with the pediatrician who called to say that Ella's hip x-ray is NORMAL and her lead levels are also NORMAL!!! She just has lopsided butt fat. (don't we all, ladies?)
Someday, teenage Ella will kill me for having written all of this! :)
Ella has cut one tooth on the bottom (on our left of the two already in) and the opposite tooth is trying to get through.
Loran always gives me a hard time saying that we don't need our baby monitor because Ella never wakes up. While true, I tell him we never know when she's going to wake up in the middle of the night and barf. Last night, I double checked that the monitor was on right before we settled into bed and seconds later, Ella woke up screaming. Loran was out of bed in a flash and probably bound down the stairs two at a time. I was trailing behind him, not as quick and slowed down from being tangled in the sheets. We thought she had a nightmare. We both took turns rocking her and she settled down and drifted back to sleep. But, now I'm thinking it was her teeth. This morning, she slept really late - 10 am and woke up smiling. Sure enough, there was a little tooth poking out. Well, this afternoon, she's very sad and crying. Clinging to me for hugs. She's taking a good nap right now so she'll hopefully wake up a little happier.
We're quite lucky, this is really the first time her teeth have even been a bother. And these are teeth 7 and 8.
And, I just got off the phone with the pediatrician who called to say that Ella's hip x-ray is NORMAL and her lead levels are also NORMAL!!! She just has lopsided butt fat. (don't we all, ladies?)
Someday, teenage Ella will kill me for having written all of this! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment