It was also a big day for me. I finished Ella's Christmas stocking!! Finally. I bought the stocking kit last year in November because I wanted to be ready, just in case the baby came before Christmas. I wanted to make sure that Ella had a stocking. And boy did I work on it. I just didn't realize how complicated those stocking kits are. Sure, it's felt and sequins...and crazy instructions. I even brought it to the hospital to work on it. I had the front almost completely finished, I figured between labor and the hospital stay, I could finish it....NO! I even worked on it in the hospital, there's photo proof!
For the last month or so, I've slowly been plugging away at it. Last night, I was so close to finishing, I didn't want to go to bed. Luckily, Loran convinced me otherwise and I finally finished today. I told Loran last night, Ella had better believe in Santa until she's 30 after all of the work I've put into this stocking. There may have been a few more choice words interspersed in that sentence...
Apparently, Ella didn't receive a flu shot yesterday. She received a goofy shot. She's been in the zaniest mood today. Just a riot! When I was changing her, she pulled her sock off. I exclaimed, "Hey!" which sent her into a giggle fit. Well, the word hey then became the word of the day. Every time I said it, she'd just laugh and laugh. It's not quite the same on video because once the cameras come out, she suddenly becomes more reserved. But, you get the idea!
Tomorrow, we're off to the pumpkin patch were I'm sure we'll see gorgeous fall color and we'll pick out a little pumpkin, just for Ella!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness that is the best laugh ever! I wish we could all stay that innocent and find the simplest things hilarious!
Post a Comment