Saturday was too gorgeous of a day to spend inside, so we packed up and headed to the Pumpkin Patch near our house.
We spent some time taking photos on the beautiful grounds and then hiked up to the pumpkin patch. We wanted to get a little pumpkin, just for Ella. After much searching, we found the perfect little pumpkin.
Every year, Loran and I have named our pumpkins. One year, we had Jeff, another year we had Aristotle. This year, we named Ella's pumpkin, Pie.
While we were waiting our turn to have Pie weighed, we took guesses as to how much it weighed. Loran guessed 9 pounds, I guessed 7, Ella guessed "pbbbbth". Turns out, Pie weighs, 7 pounds 4 ounces. I think I know another little pumpkin who weighed the same when we met her. (hint: It's Ella)
Afterwards, we went to an open house being held at my grandparent's old house in New Brighton. It was neat to be back and I realized I hadn't been in that house in 17 years. It was very similar to how I remembered, but everything seemed smaller. It's been well cared for, I was impressed. Even our heights were still recorded in the basement!
No comments:
Post a Comment