Monday, October 6, 2008

Take that, Mommy and Daddy!

Ella has recovered from her cold. Every once in awhile, she gets a runny nose, but it doesn't last. But, she passed the cold on to Mommy and Daddy who both came down with it this weekend. It started with sore throats and progressed into runny noses. Thanks El!

This was a very busy week with no pictures to show for it. On Saturday, we volunteered in Kid-O-Deo where I got to hold tiny babies and Loran got to hang out in Ella's room. On Sunday, we volunteered at the Historic House Tour where we got to hang out in a giant old house while people toured it. Ella was the hit of the tour, everyone liked to see her and she was so good during it. Except when we got stuck on the island without a bottle. The people on the pontoon ride back to the mainland got to hear screaming Ella who was hungry and SO MAD to have to wear her life jacket. On Monday, we volunteered in Precious Lambs childcare where we were placed with the 2 year-olds. Ella was again, very well behaved and eventually fell asleep amid the chaos while the kids were in the gym, so I set her down in a corner to sleep while the twos played and rode bikes.

I tried to put her down for a nap without Chewy (both are in the dryer - on sanitize mode because they stink!). I gave Ella a different teddy bear. She started laughing. She'd hold it up, look at me and laugh. Like I was joking with her. Then she was just rolling back and forth with the impostor, laughing. Eventually, I got a Chewy from the dryer (dry, but not as sanitized as the other will be) and she grabbed him and hugged both Chewy and impostor bear, but of course, Chewy's ear goes straight in her mouth. What a kid!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Way too funny! Sophia is like that with her blankie. She won't take anything else, but her pink soft friend.

Hope everyone is feeling better!