Friday, November 21, 2008

Daycare

My baby is at her first ever day of daycare! I keep trying not to cry. I'm leaving out of town for the weekend and Loran had some work to get done since he was travelling yesterday. We're utilizing a 3M perk where you can bring your child to a drop-in daycare center called Bright Horizons which exists only as a back-up center for when your regular childcare falls through due to vacation, illness, etc.


I was a wreck about it. I blame my previous work at Kindercare which scarred me for life. But, we took a tour a few days ago and I feel so much better. The center is amazing and they keep their ratios below state mandates, plus, since it's back-up, it's really not that busy. We had to fill out an amazing amount of paperwork, including giving them photos of anyone who is authorized to pick up Ella. It's so secure, the building isn't even marked. I did dress Ella in bright orange so she'd be highly visible to the staff! :) I'm not worried anymore though. Ella wins over everyone who takes care of her.


I have to admit though, I'm a little lost as to what to do with my time. I'm not leaving until 11. Yet, here I am. Nothing to do but pack the car.

Loran got home early last night because of his business trip so we went to the party store to get some of Ella's party decor. I can't believe she turns 1 in less than a month!!! She turned 11 months yesterday. She's such a big girl! :)


We had a few troubles picking our decorations because our party store was moving their inventory to another store across the street so their displays were not fully up. I didn't want to have a licensed character birthday, which is hard because everything is Dora, High School Musical, Bratz, Pooh, Hello Kitty. But, we did find this cute baby girl print so now we have a theme!






This is how I found Ella nappy yesterday. She had her baby class in the morning and that always tires her out. She makes sleeping look amazing!

I also had her wearing her fleece vest from Switzerland. I think she looks so grown up, but still cuddly!

Scoots Gutt keeps moving around. She slowly crept over to this box full of bows. I've been wrapping Christmas gifts here and there and between Ella and the cat, I doubt there will be any bows left intact.

Here's a little video of her on the move with her signature counter clockwise rotation.

Well, I'm off. Any updates will be via Loran this weekend. I'm ready for a little get-away before the craziness of the holidays. Plus, we've endured a week of Ella having diarrhea-like fun that has now passed so I'm happy to not have to change any diapers for a few days! Yes, that was TMI! :) My blog, my rules.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Don't worry we have used Bright Horizons before and they're amazing!! Sophia is going on Wednesday next week.

Have a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

Mark and William have that exact same toy (the one in the video). They'll be 1 tomorrow!