Thursday, January 15, 2009

Random Things

Sorry Megan, I just noted this in your blog...since you posted The Gutts as in plural Gutts, I will post random things about our couple-ship and maybe an Ella fact or two.

Rules and Regulations:

Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write 6 random things about yourself.
Tag 6-ish people at the end of your post.
Let each person know he/she has been tagged (or let them get tagged by reading your blog).
Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

My 6 Random Things:

  1. Loran and I were in the same state for a total of 54 days from when we started dating to when we got married. Otherwise, our dating/engagement was long distance. August 21, 02 thru July 12, 03.
  2. Loran had not seen our Minnesota house before we moved. I hadn't seen our newlywed apartment before I moved to Connecticut.
  3. Ella had a Choroid Plexus Cyst in her brain which eventually dissolved on its own.
  4. Loran and I have been to Fiji for $54, Rome-Cyprus-Switzerland-Milan for $39 (Canadian) and used to stay at a brand new hotel overlooking NYC for $37 on random weekends.
  5. We agreed to name a daughter Ella while sitting at an outdoor cafe in Zermatt, Switzerland overlooking the Matterhorn. We were not pregnant at the time - that came eight months later.
  6. Our cats were named after bakery products. We picked the name Pecan before we'd even started looking for our cat. Having only planned to get one cat, when we came home with two, we got out our cookbook and started looking up various baked goods. We settled on the name Stollen (Shtohlin), a German dessert bread. So our black cats were/are Pecan and Stollen.
I'm tagging: Jenn R, Katie L, Christy M, Ami P, Sarah R & Betsy S

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hey no worries--you are on a sippy cup mission which I can totally understand is pretty life-consuming!

the mckinneys said...

http://acmckinney.blogspot.com/

I've posted my random things!